Our Commitment to Health & Safety
Aquafit is a registered COVID Safe Venue.
As part of this process we are continually updating our COVID Safe plan to reflect the latest advice from NSW Health. The following condition help ensure the safety of our staff and patrons and minimize the risk of transmission.
Effective from 10am Thursday 23 July 2020:
- Each Member must swipe their card on arrival
- Separate gym entry and exit points to avoid unnecessary congestion
- Disposable face masks will also be made available on request
- Compulsory Temperature checks for all staff & patrons entering the gym
- Refusal of entry for any person who has visited a known hotspots as listed on the NSW Health website
- Patrons are required to remain seated while socialising and refrain from mingling with other groups
For your safety and that of our team all staff have completed COVID-19 approved training and COVID Marshalls will be on hand to ensure a safe experience for all. Automatic hand sanitiser stations are available throughout the club. We have increased cleaning cycles of high traffic areas with the use of hospital grade disinfectants. Toilets will be cleaned regularly, and gaming machines sanitised after each use.
We need your support …
If you are feeling unwell or displaying symptoms of respiratory illness (cough, sore/scratchy throat, shortness of breath) or unexplained fever you are not to enter the club and are encouraged to see your GP to test for COVID-19.
You can help protect our community when visiting by:
- Always practice good personal hygiene including regular hand washing/sanitisation and correct cough/sneeze etiquette.
- Maintain social distancing of 1.5 metres.
- Using contactless payment wherever possible
These are some of the steps we’ve taken to protect you on you visit
Do I need to Book in?
Yes, you will need to book in for all classes and use of the Lap pool. This can be done by downloading the Aquafit App. Bookings will be open 24 hours in advance. You will be able to book in for a maximum of 1 class per day, and 2 per week in Stage 1, to provide opportunity and consideration for all members.
What happens when I arrive?
Upon arrival, you will have your temperature checked. You will be asked to sanitise your hands and agree to new entry conditions (displayed in the foyer) before entering the Reception area. Directional signage is in place, to ensure compliance with strict social distancing requirements.
What you need to do to help us?
Are showers and lockers available?
A limited number of lockers and showers are available . Showers are required to be closed for disinfecting at certain hours of the day. Please check to confirm availability.
Are steam rooms available?
No, in Stage 1 – Steam Rooms are unavailable until further notice.
What areas of Aquafit are still closed?
This will be reviewed as further relaxation of restriction occur.
What measures are in place for Group Fitness classes?
Class numbers are capped at 20 – Studio 1 and 14 – Studio 2.
Markings on the floors indicate individual workspaces.
Other measures implemented include: